06 April 2011 Python, Tornado
Today Felinx Lee and I launched TornadoGists.org which is a site for discussing gists related to Tornado (python web framework open sourced by Facebook).
Everyone in the Tornado community seems to solve similar problems in different ways. Oftentimes, these solutions are just a couple of lines or so and not something you can really turn into a full package with
setup.py and everything.
Sharing a snippet of code is a great way to a) help other people and b) to get feedback on your solutions.
The goal is to make it a very open and active project with lots of contributors. I'll be accepting and reviewing all forks but hopefully control will be opened up to all Tornado developers. Also, since the code is quite generic to any open source project Felinx and I might one day port this to rubygists.org or lispgists.org or something like that. After all, Github does all the heavy lifting and we just wrap it up nicely.
- Strange socket related error with supervisord 05 April 2011
- Mocking DBRefs in Mongoose and nodeunit
14 April 2011
- Related by category:
- Best practice with retries with requests 19 April 2017 Python
- How much faster is Redis at storing a blob of JSON compared to PostgreSQL? 28 September 2019 Python
- Fastest way to find out if a file exists in S3 (with boto3) 16 June 2017 Python
- Interesting float/int casting in Python 25 April 2006
- Fastest way to unzip a zip file in Python 31 January 2018 Python
- Related by keyword:
- How to install Python Poetry in GitHub Actions in MUCH faster way 27 July 2021
- hastebinit - quickly paste snippets into hastebin.com 11 October 2012
- Highlighted code syntax in Keynote 30 August 2014
- Whatsdeployed facelift 05 January 2018
- Common names amongst my Facebook friends 26 June 2014